I do not care what you, or any other dumb fucks have to say on the matter – statements (intended to be jokes) aimed at the stereotypical ideas of women are not jokes. If we take offence to them it’s because you’re belittling us, and all other females – you have no right to say ‘calm down, it’s only a joke’ or anything remotely similar.
It is not up to you what we find offensive. And it’s not up to you to tell us how you would act better if you were in the same situation. Why? Because you are not a woman. If you’re a male (especially a white heterosexual male) you need to step up and see your privilege. There is nothing anyone could say to you that comes close to any of these statements said to women on a daily basis.
- You never have to worry that the person who’s been walking the same direction as you for about 10 minutes at night, might actually be following you.
- You never need to deal with people thinking it’s acceptable behaviour to roll down their car windows or turn around in the street, and either whistle or shout something about you being ‘bangable’ or a ‘wee slut’.
- You never have to deal with some men thinking they’re allowed to touch you whenever they want.
- You never have to worry about asking someone to back off when they’re gyrating their bits around your general arse area in a club.
- You never have to worry about being groped and told to take it as a compliment.
These are just some of the things men take for granted. So don’t you dare tell me (or any other women) we need to ‘calm down and take the joke’ or ‘take a chill pill’. I have a fucking cracking sense of humour, but when you’re ‘jokes’ belittle me, and an entire gender, it’s time for you to realise there’s only one person who needs to change, and that person is you.